Testing Stations

Road User Charges (RUC)

Pay your RUC at a VINZ branch
How we help

VINZ can issue you with the right license for your vehicle/s.

Anyone using New Zealand’s roads contributes towards their upkeep. Most road users pay levies when they buy fuel.

Others, such as drivers of light diesel, heavy and non-powered vehicles (such as trailers), pay through RUC. Electric and hybrid vehicles are currently exempted from RUC.

RUC are based on weight/distance and are paid in the form of a license purchased in advance.


Why choose VINZ?
We are New Zealand's independent vehicle inspection specialists. See what sets us apart from the rest.
Other services