Getting Back to Work while Staying Safe in our Workplaces outlines the best practices that the Inspection Industry and VINZ in particular will maintain in order to keep staff, and all those affected by our work, safe and healthy as soon as essential and non-essential work resumes under COVID-19 Alert Level 3 and later, Level 2.
The Purpose of this document is to provide guidance and SOPs (Standard Operating Practices) for all of VINZ to:
- Keep workers and the wider community healthy and safe at the core of our work by preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Apply relevant guidance from the Ministry of Health and other Government agencies to the Vehicle Inspection – specifically VINZ – environment.
- Encourage a safe and respectful work environment and good communication between all stakeholders.
We commit as an Inspection Industry KSDP (Key Service Delivery Provider) to:
- Work alongside Government to prevent the spread of COVID 19.
- VINZ are united against COVID 19 and will do our outmost to protect our employees, customers and the wider New Zealand community.
- We know that we’re in this together – this means trusting those we work with to keep us safe and that we’ll do the same for them.
- We recognise that we must work together to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone in the inspection supply chain and the NZ community as a whole.
New Zealand’s COVID-19 alert levels
New Zealand’s 4-level COVID-19 alert system specifies public health and social measures to be taken against COVID-19. The alert system means people can see and plan for the kinds of restrictions we may be required to put in place. This includes escalating restrictions on human contact, travel and business operations.
The standards stated in this document, the associated SOPs and Protocols are required for all businesses engaged in inspection activity working under COVID 19 alert levels 2, and above. VINZ appreciates and commits to implementing controls to achieve this standard and maintaining records to ensure that the requirements have been met.
For information on what COVID-19 is, what the symptoms are, and how it spreads, visit www.covid19.govt.nz
Site Entry and Exit
- Non-essential visitors are not permitted in our workplaces (i.e. people who are not customers, staff, couriers or suppliers).
- Please take time to read the site operating process at the front entry
- Upon entering the station customers and essential visitors must adhere to social distancing and follow the designated visitor pathways (traffic flow).
- Customers and essential visitors will be Signed in and out by a VINZ staff member.
- Sanitser is available at entry and exit points and we encourage our customers and visitors to use the sanitiser upon entry and exit of the premises.
Workplace Operations: General
- Work is to be undertaken in such a way as to reduce any possible contact between people, and to promote physical distancing wherever possible: See MOH Physical Distancing guidance.
- Please note: Customers and visitors are not permitted in the workshop, inspection lanes and or behind the counter.
- Wherever possible, customers are restricted to one person per vehicle.
- For Sign In purposes you will be requested to produce your driver’s license. Please place it in the tote tray and hand or slide to our counter staff.
- All NZTA and other documentation is now held behind the counter. Please ask our CSO (Counter Staff) for the relevant documents and you will receive them in a tote tray customer.
- Unfortunately all magazines, reading material and beverage makers have been removed for safety reasons.
- Staff and visitors are encouraged to sanitise their hands using one of the many sanitising stations on site.
- Essential visitors and customers must follow VINZ staff directions, entry and exit process and adhere to social distancing rules.
- Our people will do their utmost to ensure our customers receive the best possible service delivery and are happy, satisfied and safe. To enable our people to deliver their best, please adhere to our Site Procedures. Staff have the right to refuse service for non-compliant visitors.
If you have any questions or require clarification, please speak with the manager (either Site Service Manager or Regional Manager) or ask the counter staff for their contacts.
Workplace Operations: Customer and Vehicle Processes
For Retail customers:
- Please park your vehicle and go into reception to arrange service, then return to your vehicle to await inspection. An Inspector will then take your vehicle to process while you wait in reception until inspection is complete. Social distancing rules apply.
- On completion customers can be escorted to their vehicle (social distancing observed) or the car can be bought round for the customer. Social distancing rules apply.
For Trade customers:
- Drivers, please to stay in your vehicle and a VINZ staff member will be guide you to the Inspection area.
- Driver should exit vehicle only for internal inspection points and remain in the immediate area (designated safe). Social distancing rules apply.
- Once internal inspections are completed the driver should return to their vehicle. Social distancing rules apply.
Thank you for adhering to our procedures and assisting VINZ and our communities to remain Safe and Healthy!