As you probably have heard the Ministry of Health have a reported COVID case in the community. The PM announced at 6.00pm tonight that this was likely the Delta variant and as such New Zealand will move to level 4 from Midnight tonight. Auckland will be in Level 4 for 7 days. The rest of the country will be in Level 4 for 3 days.
This means that we will not be working at any branches this week except for Essential services. These can be provided to emergency and medical services or other deemed “essential”. If working at a VINZ site you will be asked to mana Essential services roster so we can provide these services but they will be booked services only and limited to basic Regulatory inspections only. We will not be manning any 3rd party sites nor providing MVR services under L4.
We have all done this before so we know what to do but please make sure we follow the procedures.
- When providing Essential services practice good social distancing. Only one employee should deal with the customer to assist with contact tracing.
- Wear masks for all interaction with customers and where possible other staff. You should have masks on hand and all staff were provided a VINZ branded mask for use. If you need these contact your Manager
- Regular temperature checks for staff, please make sure temp checks are carried out at the beginning of each shift and RECORDED.
- Make sure that there is plenty of sanitiser available ad that it is used regularly.
- Make sure that the COVID tracer app QR code is clear and that ALL Employees and Customers use this. If a customer does not scan in we will not provide the service.
I will provide more information as this come to hand. We will also reinstate the text message communication, so if your details have changed in terms of Mobile number, please advise your Manager.
Stay Safe and let’s get this thing done and dusted quickly. If you have any symptoms please contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453