We have a fantastic opportunity for a solutions-focused, people centric Vehicle Inspector to step up and manage people and workflow at our Mt Wellington Inspection Site.
- Hands On Supervisory role
- Office & Workshop
- Free Wofs
- Birthday off & paid
- Free Life and Trauma insurance
We have a fantastic opportunity for a solutions-focused, people centric Vehicle Inspector to step up and manage people and workflow at our Mt Wellington Inspection Site. You will equip the team to deliver outstanding inspection services and promote an inclusive and productive workplace.
Reporting to and working closely with the Manager – Mt Wellington and Auckland Airport Inspection Site, you’ll be responsible for supervising the day to day work activities on site, and their Waka Kotahi and customer commitments. This is a multi-faceted role where your leadership and ‘hands-on’ ability to implement best practice inspection operations, in line with company practices and policies, will drive the business forward.
You’ll be highly organised and keep the inspection lanes busy and free flowing through your ability to appropriately assign work and or get stuck in. Responsibilities also include providing technical support to staff, customers and the Manager to improve service delivery. You’ll also support the recruitment and ‘on boarding’ of new employees and with the manager – ensure our people are trained, engaged and confident to deliver quality and timely work outputs.
You’ll also champion a healthy, safe and collaborative work environment and actively promote a culture of high performance, individual and team growth and continuous improvement. The new Supervising Vehicle Inspector will roll up their sleeves and work with the team to deliver best practice inspections in a safe and efficient manner that adheres to Waka Kotahi and VINZ processes and procedures.
To be successful you will require:
- Proven ability to direct, guide and motivate individuals and gel them into successful teams.
- Well-rounded Vehicle Inspection experience, with the authorities to inspect most vehicle classes, including heavy (COF B).
- Sound computing and administrative skills to manage office and workshop tasks.
- Excellent English communication, written and verbal.
- Proven customer service skills and ability to build rapport and understanding with diverse people.
- Understand and follow the required inspection processes and regulations, and translate complex technical information into plain English.
- A can do attitude, collaborative working style, and a decisive maker who provides clear and direct instruction.
- A sense of humour, positive attitude and tons of common sense!
If you take pride in your work, deliver timely quality services and desire to share your knowledge and skill with others you need to apply! Applications close 7th May 2021.
If management is your goal – here is your first step!
Please complete the brief application and submit your CV and ideally a cover letter!